- Data reduction (Daniel's term) = making sense of the mass of data you've collected; finding the significance of it given preexisting realities of the world.
- Think about the unit of analysis.
- Think about what priorities and/or values might be revealed by or driving your research.
- Follow your sources! Go beyond just determining context and see where they lead you.
- Explicitly lay out the goals and the limitations of your study.
- If you feel like the project is getting too big to come to a conclusion within the page limit, think about how its relevancy in terms of the class concepts we've learned about/ how they inform your topic.